[DFRI-listan] Fwd: [CryptoParty] Online CryptoParty, Friday 23/10, 17:00, Privacy vs Profiling: a relevancy overview of search engines

FYI

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: [CryptoParty] Online CryptoParty, Friday 23/10, 17:00, Privacy
vs Profiling: a relevancy overview of search engines
Date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 19:21:48 +0200
From: Arve Gengelbach <arve.gengelbach@xxxxxxxx>
To: it-cryptoparty@xxxxxxxxxxx, Matteo Ghetti <matteo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC: Anke Stüber <anke.stuber@xxxxxxxx>

Welcome back to the Uppsala University CryptoParty!
We offer a learning space for all to introduce ourselves to the basic
tools for self-protection in the digital space.

What:  CryptoParty [1], Privacy vs Profiling: a relevancy overview of
search engines
When:  Friday 23/10, 17:00-19:00
Who:   Everyone, no prior knowledge required
Where: Online. A link to join will be sent before the event and posted
on our website.

Nowadays search engines (web and not) have a quite clear business case:
they are either totally into privacy or not. Such case often boils down
to better results vs privacy. But what does this mean from a relevancy
perspective? Can privacy play a role in the search engine market? What
about the often mentioned concepts "pure web" and "democratic search"?

For more information on CryptoParty events in Uppsala see our
website [1] or contact us on IRC [2].

Best, Anke & Arve

[1] https://www.cryptoparty.se/uppsala/
[2] irc://irc.freenode.net/#cryptoparty-uppsala
--
DFRI-listan är öppen för alla.
Listan arkiveras och publiceras öppet på internet.