[DFRI-listan] Fwd: [EPFSUG] 14 MEPs emails intercepted by a hacker thanks to Microsoft flaws

Jo, med anledning av i tidigare mail:
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: bug=569668 (annars ingen kryptering...)

Det här skulle jag VERKLIGEN behöva hjälp med:
så är det nån som just visat 14 MEPar som använder MS från EPs att det kanske inte funkade som dom tänkt (se nedan).

Om vi kan få DavMail att funka med
Exchange 2010 så kan vi kanske erbjuda en del-lösning.

Vore mycket tacksam om ni som känner folk som känner folk som kan mail kan skicka vidare buggen!

mvh

//Erik

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [EPFSUG] 14 MEPs emails intercepted by a hacker thanks to Microsoft flaws
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 11:24:44 +0100
From: Lucile Falgueyrac <lucile.falg@xxxxxxxx>
To: epfsug@xxxxxxxxx

Good morning,

The French news paper Mediapart [1] published a long article today,
explaining how a hacker got access to private and professional
communications of 14 MEPs using basic tech and a flaw in Microsoft «
Active Sync ».

The whole operation aimed at stressing the lack of awareness about IT
security before the European elections, and making it an issue.

Mediapart quotes him or her:
"On one side we have citizens who know almost nothing of what is
happening behind the scene in those institutions, links between
political and economical powers.. on the other side, almost omniscient
intelligence services can, thanks to their spying, decide the future of
a political figure or influence decisions."

The hacker said "I have the impression to see puppets, I wanted to shake
them, to raise awareness."

The second page of the articles is used to talk about security flaws in
Microsofts products, unfair tenders in Europe and aggressive lobbying.
The last page is about Free Software, with quotes from the two French
associations promoting FS: April and Aful.

The article finished with quotes from the very pro-Free Software French
MP Isabelle Attard, stressing the absolute lack of understanding and
interest of MPs for digital issues altogether.

I hope this great article will make it into international press

Best,
Lucile

[1]
http://www.mediapart.fr/journal/international/211113/les-mails-des-eurodeputes-ont-ete-pirates-par-un-hacker?page_article=1

--> mediapart is an investigation online newspaper. Articles are not
accessible without subscription. If you are interested by the full text,
it seems that I can "offer" you the article thanks to my subscription,
please ask.

--
Lucile Falgueyrac - Free Software Foundation Europe
FSFE, Schönhauser Allee 6/7, 10119 Berlin

Support FSFE! https://fsfe.org/