From: Xavier Dutoit [xavier@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday 22 May 2014 16:20
To: JOSEFSSON Erik
Subject: Next steps and data politics

Hi,

As I have probably hammered it quite a few times too many, I am tired on how politics and advocacy run on slogan. Given than 60% of my fellow citizen aren't going to vote, I'm likely not the only one, for once, I'm in the majority.

So my hope is to anchor politics in facts. I have to say that the green meps have done an impressive job using http://score-ep.org for instance as a campaigning tool aleady, so I'm cautiously hopeful.

I want more of that. I want to tell stories with data, I want to have fact based politics with grown up citizen. We have 350.org, queers.de, ilga, friend of the earth and dozen media from the guardian to stuff in sweden I don't understand that wants it too.

I have no clue on how to do that yet, nor what role the political parties can do making it happen.

Want to brainstorm about it?

X+