Re: [DFRI-listan] FW: Next steps and data politics

This is an excellent entry and since the EU Parliament election is occurring this Sunday 25/05/14 it couldn't be a more acute subject.

>>> I have no clue on how to do that yet...

Me neither, but my personal view is that politics and political parties must be grounded in some sort of idea (it was used to be called ideology), however, more importantly politics must be visionary and always act in the peoples' best interest.

>>> ...nor what role the political parties can do making it happen.

The political parties are the ones having representatives that wields the legastive power. There are 766 elected seats in the EU parliament and they ones elected represent some 500 000 000 individuals (including you, me and most if not all on this list), and as you rightly pointed out this a direct consequence of our democratic system, and according to me the best we've devised so far.

I thank you and let's all exercise our right to vote the 22-25th (in Sweden voting day is a Sunday)!